Haircare Review: Noughty To The Rescue

UK brand Noughty Haircare has finally landed in Canada and don’t let the name fool you – this is a haircare brand for those who want to be good to their hair and the planet. With a range of products, Noughty lien is 97% natural free of silicone, sulphates and parabens. The other 3% are preserving ingredients that keep the other ingredients from separating, helps with lather and added fragrance.

I must admit, I was a bit skeptical prior to trying out their moisture line, To The Rescue, because I have a sensitive scalp and haven’t had much luck with drugstore shampoos in the past. Promising to be my knight in shining armour, To The Rescue is formulated with frizzy or damaged hair in mind with ultra nourishing sweet almond and sunflower seed extract as their superstar ingredients.

To The Rescue Shampoo & Conditioner

The shampoo had a rich lather that cleansed my hair without leaving it feeling stripped while the conditioner left my hair ultra smooth. I even had friends comment how shiny my hair looked after the first use. This cleansing duo had my tresses feeling extra soft and easy to manage while convincing me that drugstore shampoo and conditioner really can perform as well as salon quality. ($11.99 CAD each)

Intensive Care Leave-In Conditioner

Super quenching, a little bit goes a long way with this leave-in conditioner. While I tend to shy away from cream leave-in conditioner I’m glad I gave this one a try. I generally opt for spray leave-in conditioners just because I find cream formulas to be too heavy but this one had more of a gel-cream consistency that left my hair feeling light once dried. I was extremely impressed with how easily manageable my hair was throughout the hair drying process and I cannot stress enough about how amazing the scent is. It even seemed to brighten up my highlights making my hair look a little less dull on these grey winter days. ($11.99 CAD)

The Verdict

Overall I am happy with all three of the products I tried. The scent was lovely without being too overpowering and I love the packaging. I did notice that my hair felt softer with continuous use as well as it became easier to brush through my tangles over time. The Noughty haircare line is currently available at London Drugs.

Noughty Haircare was kind enough to gift me a few haircare goodies to try out and review for Style by Fire. All thoughts and opinions are my own and not influenced by the brand nor their affiliates.

Vicki Duong

Writer

Vicki Duong is a self-proclaimed multifaceted fashion hustler. Since moving to Vancouver in 2013 she has styled editorial shoots, costumed for film and television, worked in fashion distribution and wholesaling and wardrobed for world tours. When it comes to shopping she keeps the planet and its inhabitants in mind by purchasing sustainable, ethically produced, or second-hand whenever possible.

No Comments Yet

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>